Har i lyst til at hjælpe?

Forum for fodbold der vedrører alle andre klubber
exiledbhoy

Har i lyst til at hjælpe?

Indlæg af exiledbhoy »

PEACE :mrgreen:

Hello lads, my name is exiled_bhoy, I'm a Celtic fan living in Denmark -let me apologise for writing in English but I spell Danish so bad it would embarass you to read it and you'd report me to DF.

I've been asked to submit an article for a Celtic site called www.etims.net about whether Erik Sviatchenko moving to Celtic will raise their profile in Denmark, so I was wondering if any of you want to give your thoughts on Celtic and the Scottish game. If I write a few questions I'd really appreciate if some of you took the time to answer, gerne på dansk.

What do you remember about Marc Rieper and Morten Weighorsts time at Celtic? Did the standard of football back then, make them good players for Denmark?

Did Brian Laudrup also raise the profile of Celtic when he played for Rangers?

TV2 used to cover Old Firm derby games in the past, did you ever see them?

The Danish media used to promote Celic v Rangers as a clash of religious cultures, what do you understand about the rivalry?

Do you think Sviatchenko moving to Celtic is good for him and good for the National team?

Celtic are called a 'storklub' in the Danish media, do you agree that they are a big club?

Is there anything you want to say about Sviatchenko as a player?

To those of you that want to help, I say thank you. And to those of you that think I'm a cheeky terrorist supporting Celtic fan who shouldn't be in here then fair enough :lol:

På forhånd tak
exiled_bhoy

Brugeravatar
Acebone
Geografisk sted: Viborg

Re: Har i lyst til at hjælpe?

Indlæg af Acebone »

exiledbhoy skrev:What do you remember about Marc Rieper and Morten Weighorsts time at Celtic? Did the standard of football back then, make them good players for Denmark?
Can't say I remember much about Marc Rieper, because I didn't pay attention to club football in the 90's (too young). Only that he scored an important late winner against Saudi Arabia in the 1998 World Cup. Don't know too much about Wieghorst's time at Celtic either, but he was a solid player for the national team.

I know Ulrik Laursen, madman Thomas Gravesen and of course Midtjylland's own Morten 'Duncan' Rasmussen played for Celtic as well. Too bad Rasmussen didn't really get the chance at Celtic - he was instrumental to our championship last year bagging 13 goals in 23 games, and 15 goals in 30 games the season before.

Anyway, I feel that the Danish players at Celtic always had a decent shot at playing for the national team, but it was Rieper and Wieghorst who had the biggest impacts. Gravesen, possibly the best footballer out of the five (in his glory days, at least), stopped playing for Denmark when he joined Celtic. Laursen and Rasmussen didn't get many caps (although more may still come for Rasmussen).

The standards of Scottish football may have declined somewhat since the 90's, but the collapse of Rangers definitely made matters worse. I hope Rangers will return to the top flight soon, and who knows - maybe Sviatchenko will be the next Rieper?
I'm sure he did, but again, didn't pay much attention back then.
Yes! It was back when TV2 would also cover the English FA Cup. Ahh, I'm getting all nostalgic. The Old Firm derbies were fantastic. It might have been television, but even so I was amazed by the Old Firm atmosphere. You could just feel it was something very special. Regrettably, I think I was rooting a bit for Rangers back then, haha! I think the reason was that they had Peter Løvenkrands in their side. Not to worry, though. After the Sviatchenko transfer, I am completely on the Celtic bandwagon!
The Danish media used to promote Celic v Rangers as a clash of religious cultures, what do you understand about the rivalry?
I won't pretend to have a deeper understanding of it. But as far as I know, Celtic's fan base is mostly Catholic, while Rangers' is Protestant. There is a link between the rivalry and The Troubles in Northern Ireland. Celtic being the Irish rebels and Rangers being the British loyalists.
Do you think Sviatchenko moving to Celtic is good for him and good for the National team?
I think it will be good for him personally, but it's too early to tell whether it will improve his chances in the national team. Sviatchenko has his work cut out for him. Unfortunately for him, while the Danish national team is in a sorry state in multiple areas, we do have a lot of good or promising centre backs. Besides a declining Daniel Agger (Brøndby), there's also Simon Kjær (Fenerbache), Jores Okore (Aston Villa), Jannik Vestergaard (Werder Bremen), Andreas Bjelland (Brentford) and possibly Frederik Sørensen (1. FC Köln).
Celtic are called a 'storklub' in the Danish media, do you agree that they are a big club?
Absolutely. Celtic are world famous, even if the Scottish league and Celtic aren't what they used to be. There is a lot of exposure just because it's Celtic, and I think that's one of the main reasons Sviatchenko chose The Hoops over, say, Norwich, even though their league is more prestigious.
Sviatchenko was one of my favourites during his time here. Not only is he from our own academy, he is a very complete and intelligent centre back. He's strong, good in the air and has the qualities of a leader (he was vice captain for us). He will not shy away from trying to score goals, especially from corners or long throw-ins. He's sympathetic and smart on and off the pitch. I'm glad he chose to stay at Midtjylland for as long as he did, but he deserved this transfer after helping us to the title and qualifying for the Europa League knockout stage. He gets a warm recommendation from me, and I can only hope that he will become a fan favourite at Celtic, too.

I hope this was of some use to you!

exiledbhoy

Indlæg af exiledbhoy »

Tak for svaret bud, cheers 8-)

Brugeravatar
Ravnen

Indlæg af Ravnen »

Jamen så får du det på dansk :-)

What do you remember about Marc Rieper and Morten Weighorsts time at Celtic? Did the standard of football back then, make them good players for Denmark?

Standarden i Skotsk fodbold var højere dengang. Husker endda tilbage til da Ebbe Skovdahl havde stor succes med Aberdeen.
At spille i Skotland var absolut en god ting for disse to spillere, de fik meget spilletid, hvilket ofte er et problem når danske spillere drager udenlands.

Ja jeg så rigtig mange af Rangers kampe, blot for at følge Brian Laudrup. Han var en fantastisk spiller, i mine øjne også bedre end sin mere berømte storebror. Det gjorde klart at man også lærte Celtic bedre at kende.

Ja. Men ikke de seneste mange år, men det kommer jeg til nu :-)

Det har Acebone forklaret meget godt. Men religion bør holdes ude af fodbold, i mine optik :-)

Det er helt klart godt for Erik. Han vil vokse af at spille foran 50.000 tilskuere. Det vil helt klart også være en fordel i forhold til landsholdet, hvis et udlands-eventyr bliver succesfuldt får spilleren mere selvtillid. Men landsholdest assistent træner var i en avis forleden, og udtalte at Erik burde være draget til Premier League eller Bundesligaen, da han kunne lære mere der af det han mangler i sit spil. Men lad os nu se, jeg tror ikke der går længe inden Erik kommer videre til en endnu større klub.

Absolut. Verdenskendt klub med et stærk brand.

Han vinder indindstink er hans største force. Han er ekstremt dedikeret og er samtidig rigtig dygtig til at pleje sin omgang om fansene, en sand fan-favorit.

To those of you that want to help, I say thank you. And to those of you that think I'm a cheeky terrorist supporting Celtic fan who shouldn't be in here then fair enough :lol:

Velbekommen. Jeg er ny Celtic fan :-)

exiled_bhoy[/quote]

Besvar