Visiting FCM-Brondby

Our Forum in English
FCMNL
Geografisk sted: Drunen, The Netherlands

Visiting FCM-Brondby

Indlæg af FCMNL »

First let me introduce me for a bit: I'm Martijn and I'm living in the Netherlands. I'm following FC Midtjylland since I visited the Danish Cup Final in 2005 during a short holiday in Copenhagen. A couple of months ago a friend and I started making plans for a trip to Herning to visit a FCM match. We decided to visit the season opening match against Brondby.

We'll drive to Herning on the 19th of july, visit the match on Sunday and drive back to the Netherlands at Monday. Does anybody have some advice for places to visit on Sunday before the match? And is there a bar or something else at the MCH Arena where we should go before and after the match?

admin 3

Re: Visiting FCM-Brondby

Indlæg af admin 3 »

Hi martijn.

There is a fan lounge in the south west corner of the stadium, that is open 2 hours before match start and again after the match.

If you want to get and earlier start there are a few pubs close to each other in the middle of town. Fox and Hounds is one of them with the others acroos the street. And option here is to get launch from Karma and eating it at Fox and Hounds with a nice cold beer of the kind you like.

DenLange
Geografisk sted: Silkeborg, Jylland

Indlæg af DenLange »

Looking forward to meet ya!

FORZA FCM!

FCMNL

Indlæg af FCMNL »

Thanks for the advice. Fox and Hounds sounds like a good place to go to. We'll definitely go to the fan lounge before and after the match. Is there anything else of interest to do/see/visit in Herning on a Saturday afternoon or Sundaymorning/afternoon?

What do you guys think of the match and the coming season? Is Midtjylland going to be strong enough to join the tittle race again? I've read that Juelsgard and Lossl both left the club and Sparv and Heinze joined FCM. Are there any other transfers to expect?

Brugeravatar
Hekler

Indlæg af Hekler »

The team is mostly the same as last season, so yes we should be in contention.
But there is rumours of more players coming.
Nogen kaster med brosten, andre kaster håndtegn.
Jeg nøjes bare med at kaste skygge.
/Hekler

FCMNL

Indlæg af FCMNL »

We had a great time in Herning and at the MCH Arena! We were standing at the Unibet Tribune, just behind the goal. The welcome at the stadium was really friendly and especially the atmosphere before and after the match are much better than in the Netherlands.

It was a really nice match to see as well and of course the scoreline helped to make this visit a really good one! Well worth the 10 hours of driving towards Herning and the 10 hours back again.

If anybody is interested in some photo or short clips let me know!

Sniper

Indlæg af Sniper »

FCMNL skrev:We had a great time in Herning and at the MCH Arena! We were standing at the Unibet Tribune, just behind the goal. The welcome at the stadium was really friendly and especially the atmosphere before and after the match are much better than in the Netherlands.

It was a really nice match to see as well and of course the scoreline helped to make this visit a really good one! Well worth the 10 hours of driving towards Herning and the 10 hours back again.

I just want to thank you guys for visiting. I think it´s really awesome that people from other countrys follow our team and comes visiting. I know about fans in Germany, England and Holland, and those are very big football countrys so that a small danish team can have fans from those countrys I think is very special, and tells me that those fans are very special and I know other danish fans feels the same way :-) please come back another time and you are welcome to bring more friends :D

Brugeravatar
Administrator

Indlæg af Administrator »

FCMNL skrev:We had a great time in Herning and at the MCH Arena! We were standing at the Unibet Tribune, just behind the goal. The welcome at the stadium was really friendly and especially the atmosphere before and after the match are much better than in the Netherlands.

You are welcome to post them here.

Brugeravatar
Ravnen

Indlæg af Ravnen »

I had a dutch friend with me to the game, hes from Zwolle, and was also very impressed by the atmosfhere and the quality of the game.

You can find pictures from the matches here, maybe you are at one of them?

https://www.facebook.com/fcmfoto

FCMNL

Indlæg af FCMNL »

Maybe it's a bit (too) early to ask this with 12 matches to go, but a friend and I are planning our next trip to Herning for another FCM match and we're thinking of going to one of the last matches of the season, so we can be there at a possible championship (Am I already allowed to talk about that ;) ). Now we are wondering what the usual way is to award the championship in Denmark. Is it after the (home)match the club becomes champion or after the last match of the season?

Noe

Indlæg af Noe »

FCMNL skrev:Maybe it's a bit (too) early to ask this with 12 matches to go, but a friend and I are planning our next trip to Herning for another FCM match and we're thinking of going to one of the last matches of the season, so we can be there at a possible championship (Am I already allowed to talk about that ;) ). Now we are wondering what the usual way is to award the championship in Denmark. Is it after the (home)match the club becomes champion or after the last match of the season?
As far as I know (we're eh.. still waiting for the first titel ;) ) there will be two celebrations: The cup will be given to the team, when the titel i matemathical secured, and individual gold medals will be awarded after the last match.

FCMNL

Indlæg af FCMNL »

Thanks for your quick response!

Is it in Denmark also usual to honour the champions somewhere in the city? If so will it be after the last match or will it be after the match they will become champions mathematically. If PSV becomes champions in Holland there will be a big party in the city of Eindhoven with artists and the players will be honoured by the mayor at the town hall.

I know it's a bit of guessing because FCM has never been champions before, but i assume they won't celebrate it less than the other clubs. ;)

Besvar